CPA Hiring Tips

A CPA is a professional accountant licensed by the state. CPAs are best for corporate accounting, tax audits, and business consulting.

An Enrolled Agent is a tax professional licensed by the IRS. They are best for complex tax issues, tax audits, and responding to tax collectors.

A Tax Preparer may be registered by the state and are suitable for straightforward tax returns.

Retail tax franchises such as H&R Block, Jackson Hewitt, and Liberty Tax Service offer competent tax service for individuals who need to file relatively straight-forward tax returns.

After your interview, check the background of your tax accountant. Contact your state’s board of accountancy to check the status of a CPA’s license, for enrolled agents you can ask the IRS Office of Professional Responsibility.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: